In general, students may lose their priority registration and California Promise Grant due to having two semester of academic probation/dismissal status. Additionally, priority can be lost when a student has completed more than 100 degree applicable units at SRJC. The following information outlines ways that a student can restore their registration priority and/or California Promise Grant.
Please review and select from the following options:
I lost Priority Registration &/or California College Promise Grant Waiver due to 2 consecutive semesters of probation/dismissal status
If you have lost your priority registration AND California Promise Grant due to this reason, you may regain it back if you meet one of the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate significant academic improvement by achieving a minimum 2.0 GPA and completing more than 50% of units attempted in the last completed semester. Your actions for improving your academic standing in a prior semester constitutes the process for appeal. Filing a petition is not required. By demonstrating academic improvement in a completed semester, you will automatically regain your priority and promise grant for the following semester.
2. Provide evidence of extenuating circumstances such as an accident, illness, or other circumstances beyond your control by filing a petition with A&R.
3. If you are a student with a disability who did not receive requested accommodations from DRD in a timely manner OR require priority as an accommodations you will need to make an appointment for your DRD specialist or DRD counselor to appeal the restoration of your priority. An approved appeal will also automatically restore your promise grant
I lost my Priority Registration due to having over 100 degree-applicable units
If you have lost your priority registration due to this reason, you may regain it back if you meet one of the following criteria:
1. If you are enrolled in a high-unit major/program OR you are in your last semester at SRJC. Meet with a Counselor to set up an academic plan showing you are either in a high-unit major, or in the last semester of your program. Call (707) 527-4451 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-3914 (Petaluma) to speak with a Counselor.
2. If you are a student with disability and need priority registration as a necessary accommodation related to your disability limitations, make an appointment with your a DRD specialist or DRD Counselor to ensure you have a current education plan on file and to appeal the restoration of your priority.
I lost my California College Promise Grant Waiver due to 2 consecutive semesters of probation/dismissal status.
If you have lost your California Promise Grant due to this reason, you may regain it back by submitting a petition to the Financial Aid Office.