(Incoming) Sending Transcripts to SRJC

college flags


  • Transfer Credit Evaluation

    Per SRJC Policy 8.1.13, lower-division credit is accepted for transfer from accredited colleges recognized by regional accrediting associations. Official transcripts of all previous schooling should be sent directly to the Admissions and Records Office. Official transcripts submitted in person will only be accepted if delivered in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.

    For transcript evaluation and credit review, students must submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation form to have their transcripts evaluated. All submitted transcripts become part of each student’s permanent SRJC record and will not be released to other institutions or third parties.

  • Sending Transcripts to SRJC

    Send all high school and college transcripts for all schools you have attended. SRJC accepts both electronic transcripts and mailed transcripts.

    If you choose to mail transcripts, ensure that the transcripts are official copies in sealed envelopes. Mail transcripts to: Admissions and Records Santa Rosa Junior College 1501 Mendocino Ave. Santa Rosa, CA 95401.

    SRJC accepts electronic transcripts from the following electronic exchange services:

    1. eTranscripts for California

    2. National Student Clearinghouse

    3. Parchment

    4. eScript-Safe

    5. World Education Services (WES)

    6. Credential Services

    7. Joint Services Military

    If you are not using these services, official transcripts sent electronically should be emailed to evaluations@santarosa.edu.

    PLEASE NOTE: Transcripts sent directly through a personal email will not be accepted. SRJC does not accept direct email attachments of official or unofficial transcripts from students or 3rd parties.

    Any credit granted by SRJC is subject to re-evaluation by any other college.

  • Advanced Placement Credit

    Santa Rosa Junior College awards credit for College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) Advanced Placement (AP) Exams with scores of 3, 4, or 5. Students must have official AP score reports sent by the College Board to the SRJC Office of Admissions, Records, and Enrollment Development for evaluation.

    To view a chart listing SRJC course comparability and detailing how AP Exams meet General Education and major requirements, visit the SRJC Articulation Office web site and click on For Students and Counselors, then the AP Exam Credit icon. 

    Please note that a few departments require a score of 4 or 5 to fulfill specific course requirements or place conditions on the award of credit. See the section on Assessment in the catalog for information on exemption from placement tests in math, chemistry, or English with AP scores of 3 or higher. It is important for those intending to transfer to a four-year college or university, understand that each campus determines acceptance of AP Exams and how such credit will be applied.

  • Military Credit

    Four units of credit are granted for completion of basic training in the United States military as evidenced by a copy of the separation paper (DD214) showing an Honorable Discharge status. For credit review, the DD214 and Transfer Credit Evaluation form can be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office.

    Additional credit for military coursework may be granted upon evaluation of course content and as recommended in the American Council on Education Guide. Students can order a Joint Services Transcripts (JST) and submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation form to the Admissions and Records Office for evaluation.

  • Credit for Prior Learning

    Credit for Prior Learning is academic credit granted for demonstrated college-level skills and knowledge gained through learning experiences outside of a college classroom. Students’ knowledge and skills might be gained through experiences such as:

    • Apprenticeships, internships, work-based learning, or other industry-based experiential learning
    • Industrial training
    • Military training
    • State/federal government training
    • Volunteer and civic activities

    For a frequently asked questions (FAQ) on credit for prior learning and to access assessment petition, visit the Credit for Prior Learning web site.

  • International Baccalaureate Credit

    Credit for International Baccalaureate (IB) is granted for a limited number of Higher Level (HL) exams. No credit is granted for the Subsidiary Level (SL) exams. An official IB transcript and Transfer Credit Evaluation form must be submitted to the Admissions and Records Office for credit review.

  • Foreign Coursework Evaluations

    SRJC accepts foreign transcripts that have been evaluated by one of the following services:

    • A credential evaluation service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES): http://www.naces.org/members.html.
    • WES (World Education Services). All transcripts from non-US educational institutions – high school as well as any post-secondary transcripts – must be sent directly to WES by the issuing institution. If your transcripts and diplomas are in languages other than English, you must provide a translation. Apply for the course-by-course evaluation if you have completed any university-level coursework. Please verify that Santa Rosa Junior College is listed as one of the recipients of the WES evaluation. For detailed information, please visit: www.wes.org.
    • SpanTran offers SRJC a discounted rate on your evaluation and sends a free copy directly to SRJC. If you’d like to use SpanTran for your evaluation you can apply at: SpanTran Pathways - Santa Rosa Junior College

    Foreign evaluation service reports can be expensive. It is recommended that the student discuss their educational goals with a Counselor first to determine if the service report is appropriate for the student’s educational goals at SRJC.

    Students must submit an official, sealed or electronic report from a foreign evaluation service and the Transfer Credit Evaluation form to the Admissions and Records for credit review. Students are not required to send a copy of the original foreign transcript to the Admissions and Records Office.

    The credential evaluation report submitted to SRJC should include the following information:

    • Accreditation credentials of school or university
    • Lower/upper division course recommendations and course titles and descriptions (if possible)
    • School calendar system
    • Units (credits) and grades

    The report must state that the school is equivalent to a regionally accredited United States institution.

    SRJC recognizes lower division coursework that may meet the requirements for an Associate Degree in general education or for a major.

    If course comparability cannot be determined and applied to the Option A GE pattern or for a major, the course will not be used. The student may submit course description(s) to Evaluations for further review. Students may incur additional fees from the evaluation service if course descriptions are requested. After discussion with the Counselor, the student may submit a major course substitution to the sponsoring department of the major, if they believe a course should have been applied to a major requirement at the time of the transfer credit evaluation.

    SRJC is unable to certify foreign coursework for CSU-GE or IGETC patterns for the CSU and UC systems. Students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university after attending SRJC should be aware that these schools may not accept the foreign credential evaluation; they will review the coursework according to their own evaluation criteria.