NEW STUDENTS EARN PRIORITY REGISTRATION BY COMPLETING THESE STEPS!
STEP 1: APPLY
- File an application online at www.santarosa.edu/apply
- Be sure to keep your 9 digit SRJC Student Identification number (SID) and PIN in a secure place.
Need help with starting the online application? Watch Video
How to Apply To SRJC
STEP 2: ASSESSMENT
Assessment is one of the critical steps to help students start on a successful pathway in college. It is important that students take the classes that they are academically prepared. Placement tests are designed to help determine the appropriate levels of courses that students need to take in mathematics, English, or English as a Second Language (ESL.) After receiving a course placement, you may enroll in that course or a lower course level. In addition, your course placement information may be helpful to you if you are interested in taking other courses at SRJC. Placement testing is offered year round.
Students may fulfill the Assessment requirement in a subject area (Mathematics, English or ESL) through one or more of the following:
a. Completing an equivalent course at a post-secondary accredited institution (not high school) in that subject area. The equivalent course will determine placement. Note: you must submit official transcripts and complete the Prerequisite Equivalency Form in order to fulfill the Assessment requirement in this option.
c. Taking the SRJC placement tests within three (3) years prior to initial registration
d. Taking valid, approved placement tests at other two-year California community colleges within three (3) years prior to initial registration.
e. Having valid Early Assessment Program (EAP) results that satisfy placement conditions determined by the District.
No placements tests are required for CSKLS 312, Introduction to Reading & Writing, and CSKLS 371, General Arithmetic.
It is highly recommend that students prepare for the placement tests. Attend a Free Jam Workshop, make an appointment, login to the Student Portal. Review Free Study Guides online at https://assessment.santarosa.edu/or contact Student Success and Assessment Services at 707-527-4661 (Santa Rosa Campus) for more information.
STEP 3: ORIENTATION
- Register for COUN 270, the Introduction to College course, which is the most complete orientation for first time students and gives priority registration. COUN 270 is offered in the fall, spring and summer and you can register at www.santarosa.edu/portal/.
- Attend a New Student Orientation on the Santa Rosa Campus. Check the schedule online at http://counseling.santarosa.edu/orientation-options and call (707) 527-4451 to register. For Petaluma Campus information call (707) 778-3914.
- Complete an online orientation at http://counseling.santarosa.edu/orientation-options.
STEP 4: EDUCATION PLAN & COUNSELING
- After completing assessment and an orientation, go to the Counseling Department to speak with a counselor. For more information check online at counseling.santarosa.edu.
- For counselor availability please call Santa Rosa Counseling, Bertolini Student Center (707) 527-4451 or Petaluma Counseling, Kathleen Doyle Hall (707) 778-3914.
- To make the most of your meeting with a counselor:
- Review the current Schedule of Classes online at classes.santarosa.edu and make a list of possible classes
- Bring transcripts from other colleges
- Bring AP test scores or EAP test results, if applicable
Want to learn more about the SRJC Counseling Department? Watch Video
Learn more about the SRJC Counseling Department
STEP 5: Enroll
- Check the online academic calendar to view registration dates at http://admissions.santarosa.edu/academic-calendar/.
- Plan your class schedule ahead of time using the SRJC Schedule planner: https://admissions.santarosa.edu/schedule-planner
- Register for classes online at www.santarosa.edu/portal/.
Need help with logging into the Student Portal?Watch Video
How to login to the SRJC Student Portal
Contact these additional resources immediately to ensure your success:
- Financial Aid: https://financialaid.santarosa.edu/ or call (707) 527-4471 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-2461 (Petaluma)
- Scholarships: https://scholarships.santarosa.edu/ or call (707) 527-4740
- EOPS: https://eops.santarosa.edu/ or call (707) 527-4383
- Disability Resources:https://drd.santarosa.edu/ or call (707) 527-4278 or 778-2491 (Petaluma)
- Student Health Services: https://shs.santarosa.edu/ or call (707) 527-4445 (Santa Rosa) or (707) 778-3919 (Petaluma)